Peacock Gudgeon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in the local pet store today checking out live plants and thought I'd take a peek around and see if they had anything different for fish. I came across this tank with these little Peacock Gudgeon in it and was blow away. They must have been rather young as they weren't even an inch long yet but I had total fish envy!

I've been researching these fellows to see if there is any way I could possibly work these into my new stocking set up. I've been reading this afternoon and seem to get mixed reviews/opinions. Would love if anyone can give me some more info. I've read that they can be really timid fish but have read they also do well in communities if the tank mates aren't too large. I've read they like to have hidey holes and males can become territorial while mating. They would be in a planted tank with DW and rocks.

tamtam said:
I was in the local pet store today checking out live plants and thought I'd take a peek around and see if they had anything different for fish. I came across this tank with these little Peacock Gudgeon in it and was blow away. They must have been rather young as they weren't even an inch long yet but I had total fish envy!

I've been researching these fellows to see if there is any way I could possibly work these into my new stocking set up. I've been reading this afternoon and seem to get mixed reviews/opinions. Would love if anyone can give me some more info. I've read that they can be really timid fish but have read they also do well in communities if the tank mates aren't too large. I've read they like to have hidey holes and males can become territorial while mating. They would be in a planted tank with DW and rocks.

In my experience they would more likely be prey than predator with anything bigger their mouths.

That was sort of what I was thinking too. I was hoping to work them in somehow but haven't found much info on specific tank mates just that they are peaceful mostly.

In my 30 I'm going to have an angel and a ram, so I doubt they would work in there but my 20 is going to be rearranged and it may work in there. I have platies, neons, labchop rasbora and a sunset gourami currently. My gourami is supper chilled out. I'm debating some stock movement anyways from this tank over to the 30 to make room...

I've also been curious about the min tank size. I've read some people referring to them as nano fish but generally seems 15 gallons is recommended. I'm just not sure. I've never seen them here before and who knows if they will ever show up again so I'd love to get my hands on them if I can.

I got two today. I can keep you posted if you're still interested in how they are in a 20G tank.
peacock%2520gudgeon%2520036.JPG

Back
Top Bottom