Peacock Gudgeon Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoeurSauvage

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone! Looking for some insight here. I'm considering a pair of peacock gudgeons for my tank. My question is-

Will they get along with Fancy Guppies?

Will they eat my Ghost Shrimp ? Or will they bother a 1 inch Mystery snail ?

Thanks!

Ok thanks. I've done a ton of research on them, but couldn't find any info about housing them with inverts.

Thanks sooo much!

They're really cool fish. I've kept them with guppies and tetras. Never had a problem.

I've only had mine for two weeks, but I can't praise them enough! I have mine in with a GBR, Honey Gourami, furcata and gertrudae rainbows and rice fish. I've never had a more personable fish other than a female betta! I was amazed at how sweet and friendly this gudgeon is. They must be the best kept secret around. They are hardy. I keep mine at 80-82F and even though some people say they have to feed theirs live or frozen or they won't eat, not true of mine! It has eaten everything I've put in the tank. Pellets, flakes, mysis, brine shrimp, Emerald Entree, krill, freeze dried beef heart, tubifex,bloodworms, daphnia, and a few things I can't remember. They are a bit strange looking, but colorful in a very subtle, pleasing way,and I've never been so impressed with a fish, and don't believe I'll ever be without one again! You won't be disappointed.

They are beautiful! I can't wait to get some! As soon as my tank is cycling, they're mine! Lol

'as soon as my tank is cycling'. I congratulate you on this sentence, the only time I have seen someone write 'cycling' and not 'cycled' .... it is a dynamic process and you recognise that. A large pat on the back my friend :D

Back
Top Bottom