Pearl gourami and Bolivian Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevedocs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Possible to to keep one of each of these guys together in a planted 90 litre tall. Other stock are:

5 Adolfo corys
6 Cardinal tetra
6 Harlequin rasbora

Checked aquadvisor and seemed to be ok stocking is just off 100 %

Thanks

what do you have for filtration?

I think, personally, this is one of those things were it could be over stocking but if the filtration is good enough to handle the bioload you can manage it fine. the gourami and ram are completely different levels so I don't think you would have any problems in that aspect.

Fluval 206 external which is said to be suitable up to 40 gallons so I went for overkill.
It's a case of the mrs likes the gouramis and i like the ram. But just want to make sure things are ok for everyone. Seen a few videos online that things would be ok but there are a lot of idiots out there so thought I'd throw things out on this forum. I have plenty of hiding spots and even built a coconut house which is the funniest thing ever, I look at it and think of spongebob

Not really. My bolivian ram roams around all areas of the tank, and his main spot is near the middle.

typically rams are lower level and gourami are upper level. There are exceptions of course but this tends to be the norm.

bud29 said:
Not really. My bolivian ram roams around all areas of the tank, and his main spot is near the middle.

Mine spend most of their time swimming around in the lower level plants while my gourami spends more time in the upper half of my tank. Most of the info I've read says they are mostly bottom dwellers and some says bottom/middle. Guess it just depends on the fish.

I have found gouramis to be much like bettas. They come to the surface for air, but don't stay at the top after they breathe. IME, both even come to the bottom areas at times to weave through plants and such.

My gourami and ram both kinda swim all over but the gourami definitely spends most of his time on top in my floating plants while the ram generally cruises the bottom.

Thanks for the replies I can see that a few are having success with rams and gouramis which is what I was asking :) but I guess every fish is different

stevedocs said:
Thanks for the replies I can see that a few are having success with rams and gouramis which is what I was asking :) but I guess every fish is different

My rams don't bother any of my other fish. Not even my corys or clown loaches which often occupy the same space as my rams

Back
Top Bottom