Pearlscales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about getting a pearlscale or two. Just wanna hear what other pearlscale owners have to say about keeping them. Also, is it really so bad to keep pearlscales with fantails and or comets? I know they'll have trouble competing for food but isn't there a way to work around that? I'd love to have a tank eventually that has a couple pearscales, a few big comets, and some fantails and maybe ryukin.

Pealscales can be kept with any of the fancies. It is rather slow swimming, so will have trouble with comets.

so competition for food is the only problem with mixing fish like pearlscales and comets together right?

You can just target feed. Distract Comets and feed Pearscales off to the side. I do that with my Fancies, which are mixed with my Comets.

It is mostly food competition issues. However, if you have a big comet that like to play rough (or try to mate with the pearlscale), it might knock some of the pearl's scales off. And the regrown scales will be just flat, not pearls.

Back
Top Bottom