Peas and Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scraps

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an angelfish that appears pregnate but I'm not sure I was kind curious if she is pregnate and I give her some pea will it hurt her? The other dumb question will it hurt the other fish? I can't see where it would hurt them.

Peas act as a natural laxative for fish and are good to give them every once in a while. They will not hurt them. Make sure they are de-shelled and boiled to make them softer and easier to eat.

Scraps said:
I have an angelfish that appears pregnate but I'm not sure I was kind curious if she is pregnate and I give her some pea will it hurt her? The other dumb question will it hurt the other fish? I can't see where it would hurt them.

As Viper said peas clean them out and shelled peas are a must. I give mine a 1/2 dozen or so each week. I think they know when it's time because they get extra worked up on pea day lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

LOL Thank you, I wasn't to sure, I'd actually never heard of giving them a pea until I got on here I do have a structure at a 30* angle just in case she is pregnate

Back
Top Bottom