Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fox7372

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I have a Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filter 1000. And I was wondering if the tubing can be crossed. As you are looking at the filter the output is on the Left and the Input on the Right. I have my filter on the left side of my tank. Wanted to use the Spray bar but with the output being on the Left it (spray bar) would run into the input. If I put the Input tube on the right, and then the Output (spray bar) on the right. Then the tubing would be crossed before they connect to my filter. That shouldn’t matter should it?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

doesn't. matter if they cross as long you have in & out attached correctly..spray bar would be out...

doesn't. matter if they cross as long you have in & out attached correctly..spray bar would be out...

Thanks. Didn't think it would matter but thought I would ask to play it safe. I have always had a smaller tank with an internal filter. Now I have a 75 with an external filter and just wanted to make sure.

So I finally got around to moving things around and now the input is not pumping water. I can see the water going up the intake tube just about to the top, but that is it. I initially had this issue when I first tried to set up the filter. My tank wasn’t 100% level, so I drained it to level it. After that the filter worked great. That is until I thought I would switch things around. Sometimes I feel like I should just leave things alone even though I am not 100% happy with it.

Pump sounds fine, no strange sounds or anything like that. So any idea why the intake is now not pumping enough water? There is no kink in the tubing. Tubes made be crossed behind the tank but that shouldn’t cause an issue should it? If so I guess my last resort would be to move it to the Right side the tank. Just that puts it close to the electrical outlet and not sure why but I feel safer with it the further away I could get it from that outlet.

Any idea what I could do to get my pump working?

Back
Top Bottom