Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filter question

Hello. Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I have a Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filter 1000. And I was wondering if the tubing can be crossed. As you are looking at the filter the output is on the Left and the Input on the Right. I have my filter on the left side of my tank. Wanted to use the Spray bar but with the output being on the Left it (spray bar) would run into the input. If I put the Input tube on the right, and then the Output (spray bar) on the right. Then the tubing would be crossed before they connect to my filter. That shouldn’t matter should it?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

is it not marked on top. In. Out?

Old 01-11-2021, 03:01 PM   #3

doesn't. matter if they cross as long you have in & out attached correctly..spray bar would be out...
Old 01-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.marshall View Post
doesn't. matter if they cross as long you have in & out attached correctly..spray bar would be out...
Thanks. Didn't think it would matter but thought I would ask to play it safe. I have always had a smaller tank with an internal filter. Now I have a 75 with an external filter and just wanted to make sure.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #5

best of luck...
Old 01-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

So I finally got around to moving things around and now the input is not pumping water. I can see the water going up the intake tube just about to the top, but that is it. I initially had this issue when I first tried to set up the filter. My tank wasn’t 100% level, so I drained it to level it. After that the filter worked great. That is until I thought I would switch things around. Sometimes I feel like I should just leave things alone even though I am not 100% happy with it.

Pump sounds fine, no strange sounds or anything like that. So any idea why the intake is now not pumping enough water? There is no kink in the tubing. Tubes made be crossed behind the tank but that shouldn’t cause an issue should it? If so I guess my last resort would be to move it to the Right side the tank. Just that puts it close to the electrical outlet and not sure why but I feel safer with it the further away I could get it from that outlet.

Any idea what I could do to get my pump working?
Old 01-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Have her pushed the primer button while the unit is running?

Tags
canister, canister filter, filter, penn plax cascade, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com