People rold me my shrimp would become food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuck

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I was stocking my tank I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions, and one of the problems I had was fish that wouldn't eat my shrimp.

Anyway I was told that there was a good chance that gouramis would eat my red cherry shrimp... Well....

I dropped half an algae wafer into my tank as a treat for the fish and my gourami was straight on it, then the shrimp came and stole it!! Now he's eating it and he is literally chasing the fish!!!

image-4276596381.jpg

Step one fish attack it and move it all over the tank

image-816615511.jpg

Step 2 the shrimp comes for a look to see what's happening

image-101984868.jpg

Step 3 shrimp drags it into the corner

image-1192603574.jpg

Step 4 shrimp claims his victory. #Boss of the tank!

Haha! That's great. I have had similar experiences with my ghost shrimp. My favorite thing they do is swim upside down and pick food off the surface of the water- They are so entertaining!

Sometimes when my Corys are eating my smallest (maybe .5") ghost shrimp will go up to them and start "cleaning" their eyes until they leave the wafers hahaha.

Haha! That's great. I have had similar experiences with my ghost shrimp. My favorite thing they do is swim upside down and pick food off the surface of the water- They are so entertaining!

Agreed shrimp are such a great addition to a tank and with such a small bioload there's always room for them :)

I have a strict policy of sharing is caring in my tanks :)

75748-albums12252-picture61448.jpg

Back
Top Bottom