Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

peppered cory disappeared in QT

I had 6 peppered cories and QTed them in 5 gal tub. After about 4-5 days one of them was missing. I thought may he was hiding somewhere. Today after about 2 wks in QT I put the 5 remaining in the main tank. I looked and looked all over the QT tank. No sign of the 6th guy!!! Not even bones??!! I have no clue! Any similar experience? Any thoughts? It really bothered me. This never happened to me before. Couple of times I had the fish die on me as they jumped out and died. But I have spotted the dead fish. This time it was bizare!
Thanks

Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_g0p View Post
I had 6 peppered cories and QTed them in 5 gal tub. After about 4-5 days one of them was missing. I thought may he was hiding somewhere. Today after about 2 wks in QT I put the 5 remaining in the main tank. I looked and looked all over the QT tank. No sign of the 6th guy!!! Not even bones??!! I have no clue! Any similar experience? Any thoughts? It really bothered me. This never happened to me before. Couple of times I had the fish die on me as they jumped out and died. But I have spotted the dead fish. This time it was bizare!
Thanks
Possibly jumped out and flopped around to some place where he is not visible. Or a cat or dog or other animal did something with him. Has to be some simple explanation, but either way it sucks because obviously he perished one way or the other.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Feel your pain. I had just purchased 2 Zebra Loaches about 10 days before I switched the tank from gravel to sand. Lost one during the process, no flipping idea to where. Reeeeaaaalllly bugged me a lot . Bought 2 more so have 3. They re just excellent little guys. Still feel bad tho. Sorry for you losing one.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have no cats or dogs! You're right, there has to some sane explanation for this. Just beats me!!

Tags
cory, disappeared, pepper

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com