peppered cory disappeared in QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram_g0p

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 6 peppered cories and QTed them in 5 gal tub. After about 4-5 days one of them was missing. I thought may he was hiding somewhere. Today after about 2 wks in QT I put the 5 remaining in the main tank. I looked and looked all over the QT tank. No sign of the 6th guy!!! Not even bones??!! I have no clue! Any similar experience? Any thoughts? It really bothered me. This never happened to me before. Couple of times I had the fish die on me as they jumped out and died. But I have spotted the dead fish. This time it was bizare! :(
Thanks

I had 6 peppered cories and QTed them in 5 gal tub. After about 4-5 days one of them was missing. I thought may he was hiding somewhere. Today after about 2 wks in QT I put the 5 remaining in the main tank. I looked and looked all over the QT tank. No sign of the 6th guy!!! Not even bones??!! I have no clue! Any similar experience? Any thoughts? It really bothered me. This never happened to me before. Couple of times I had the fish die on me as they jumped out and died. But I have spotted the dead fish. This time it was bizare! :(
Thanks

Possibly jumped out and flopped around to some place where he is not visible. Or a cat or dog or other animal did something with him. Has to be some simple explanation, but either way it sucks because obviously he perished one way or the other.

Feel your pain. I had just purchased 2 Zebra Loaches about 10 days before I switched the tank from gravel to sand. Lost one during the process, no flipping idea to where. Reeeeaaaalllly bugged me a lot . Bought 2 more so have 3. They re just excellent little guys. Still feel bad tho. Sorry for you losing one.

I have no cats or dogs! You're right, there has to some sane explanation for this. Just beats me!!

Back
Top Bottom