Pest control coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any advice for hermit crab tank and fish tanks? I was going to tape down garbage bags to cover them. Anything I should be aware of?

Are they fumigating the place or are they just doing spot treatments? That's a tough question, I would suggest completely pulling the tanks out if possible, especially if they are fumigating. If they are doing spot treaments the plastic garbage bags would possibly be sufficient as long as they are well sealed. Just be sure to turn off any bubblers.

They are just spot treating. Tanks can't come out easily 1 is a 75 gallon full of dirt on the second floor.

Do you think they will be ok with just the cover ? :(. I don't want them to get hurt. Pest guys are coming because we have a silver fish and scorpion problem

They are just spot treating. Tanks can't come out easily 1 is a 75 gallon full of dirt on the second floor.

Do you think they will be ok with just the cover ? :(. I don't want them to get hurt. Pest guys are coming because we have a silver fish and scorpion problem

They should be okay as long as they get covered thoroughly. I would at the very least do a large water change when they are done treating.

i would do some feeding before they come so that your fish doesn't starve. cover them with bags. let the pesticide settle for 24-48hrs. and then a 50% water change

I haven't had to deal with this but I would think the water change is a bad idea. You have the tanks covered with bags so no chemicals can get it in. then you take the bag off and do a water change with items that may have possibly been exposed. If it was me I would cover with plastic turn off bubbler. if you are allowed back in then the chemicals aren't in the air so you are good to go take off the plastic and turn everything on.

Like i said before I have not had to go through it that is just what I would do.

Both my hermit crabs and fish do fine when the pest control comes to my house

Jev12 do you take any precautions? Do you cover or have them not spray in certain areas?

This is a monthly type treatment not fumigating. Supposed to be environmentally friendly safe for babies and dogs and all that jazz.

We just had our house done for bees and ants. Its an every summer thing for us. I have two tanks up and running. The inside treatment just was a light spray along the edges of each room. The outside was a pesticide soak down... I dont do anything special to cover the tanks,but I am careful for awhile not to touch anything outside or inside then stick a hand in the tank. (I also dont let him spray corners behind the fish tank...my stands are open in the back)

Jev12 do you take any precautions? Do you cover or have them not spray in certain areas?

This is a monthly type treatment not fumigating. Supposed to be environmentally friendly safe for babies and dogs and all that jazz.

No I don't take any precautions just because I trust they have common sense enough not to spray to close to the tanks and I have never had any problems so yah

Back
Top Bottom