Petco sale;-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjPotter79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finely took advantage of the petco sale and got myself a
40 gallon breeder
20 gallon long
And a 10 gallon.
Now this is where I would love for you guys and girls to come in...
What to do... What to do?...

Thinking of making the 40 gallon breeder into a Ram tank but I sure do love my livebearers.
Can I put different Rams in the same tank such as...
Gold rams
GBRs
And electric blue rams
Would all of them get along okay with each other.

Rams Would be too agressive for the live bearers so they should be kept in a 40 gallon for territorial issues. The 20 gallon could be for the LIVEBEARERS since its enough space, you could also do a community in the tank. The ten gallon could be a nursery, planted, shrimp tank.

aqua hobbyist said:
Rams Would be too agressive for the live bearers so they should be kept in a 40 gallon for territorial issues. The 20 gallon could be for the LIVEBEARERS since its enough space, you could also do a community in the tank. The ten gallon could be a nursery, planted, shrimp tank.

I have a pair or rams in a 55 g with all sorts of livebearers and they are fine.

Rams are one of the most peaceful cichlid, so no worries there. Just when they are breeding they will defend there "territory"

You could add a school of panda cories and maybe a pleco, what are you doing with the 20 gallon? Please send me a picture of your three tanks.

Well if I go with the Rams they would all go in the 40 with a pleco or 2 with no livebearers and if I go that way then the 20 would be for my livebearers and the 10 would be a shrimp tank.
Now if I make my 40 the livebearer tank then the 20 would be my shrimp tank with CPOs and the 10 would be my Q/T tank.

DjPotter79 said:
Well if I go with the Rams they would all go in the 40 with a pleco or 2 with no livebearers and if I go that way then the 20 would be for my livebearers and the 10 would be a shrimp tank.
Now if I make my 40 the livebearer tank then the 20 would be my shrimp tank with CPOs and the 10 would be my Q/T tank.

Really its up to you. I would only do one pleco in the 40 gallon though. They tend to get huge

40 gallon breeder- n. cylindricus
20 gallon long- Apisto trio
And a 10 gallon- shrimp and snails

Ok, so that's what I'd do. lol What interests you? What do you have now?

Yeah that's what I like too. Now for the shrimp tank being a 10 gallon would I be able to put in a pair of CPOs as well.

CPOs will prey on shrimp when they have a chance.

HN1 said:
40 gallon breeder- n. cylindricus
20 gallon long- Apisto trio
And a 10 gallon- shrimp and snails

Ok, so that's what I'd do. lol What interests you? What do you have now?

Right now I have nothing and it's prolly gonna be awhile cause of the fish less cycle I'm gonna do but I'm just excited that I can finely start doing something

I picked up one of those 40b's. Good deal for 40 bucks. I really don't like how much it bows, especially for such a short tank, so it's going to be turned into a sump.

For the ten gallon it should be heavily planted with TONS OF SHRIMP AND SNAILS!!!

Right now I have nothing and it's prolly gonna be awhile cause of the fish less cycle I'm gonna do but I'm just excited that I can finely start doing something

Don't fishless cycle them all. Focus on one and once established, you can seed the others from it. Much faster, much less work. ;)

Back
Top Bottom