PetCo Shipping Live Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this a new thing? I don't think I ever saw it before.

LINK

I noticed Black Neon Tetras were mentioned in the forums not too long ago, and they're on of the FW fish offered. They even offer what they call packages of fish. Some of the package fish don't seem right together though.

Wow, those packages are horrible. 3 discus for a 30 gallon, 6 for a 50 gallon, and 12 for a 100 gallon. Are they nuts. And common plecos in the community packs, 4 for a 50 gallon tank. 8 goldfish in 30 gallons, 20 in 50 gallons, and 40 in 100 gallons! Waaay overstocked. I'd never buy these fish without seeing the quality either.

Do you see the prices on individual fish too!! $27 for a yellow lab cichlid. $18-30 for a fancy goldfish you can't even see. $11 for a female betta with delta or round tail. $29 for a ryukin. This is crazy!

DepotFish said:
Wow, those packages are horrible. 3 discus for a 30 gallon, 6 for a 50 gallon, and 12 for a 100 gallon. Are they nuts. And common plecos in the community packs, 4 for a 50 gallon tank. 8 goldfish in 30 gallons, 20 in 50 gallons, and 40 in 100 gallons! Waaay overstocked. I'd never buy these fish without seeing the quality either.

Do you see the prices on individual fish too!! $27 for a yellow lab cichlid. $18-30 for a fancy goldfish you can't even see. $11 for a female betta with delta or round tail. $29 for a ryukin. This is crazy!

Just think how easy it is to reach $175 for free shipping though! :roll:

16 guppies, 8 of each sex, plus even more fish? What was somebody smoking? That right there would take you out of the 30 gallon realm and into a hundred in a few months!! Unless you plan to flush the fry *shudders*

Tropical Community Package 2C- 100 gallons
SKU: 1034359
The Tropical Community Package 2C- 100 gallons includes the following: 25 Fancy Male Guppies, 25 Fancy Female Guppies, 15 African Dwarf Frogs, 25 Silver Tip Tetras, 4 Plecostomus and 3 Plants on Driftwood.

I feel sorry for whoever buys this package... who want 15 frogs anyways!!!! and who wants 50 guppies... that would be about 700 guppies in a matter of months!

Discus Package- 100 gallons
SKU: 1034472
The Discus Package- 100 gallons includes the following: 6 Pigeon Blood Discus 4.5", 6 Red Turquoise Discus 4.5" and 3 Plants on Driftwood.

Thats not a bad deal... if you had a bigger tank... the price of that is fairly good (seeing as how discus go fot 70 bucks around here.

red capped oranda 19 bucks!!! i got a few at walmart, along with a lionhead goldfish for only 9 bucks (all together)

9 bucks for an angel, i like the 2 bucks better at my LFS

14 bucks, for a betta!!!... i have just been browsing thugh this the last couple days, and the prices for those fish are CRAZY!

Not only is it 9 bucks for an angel... it's 9 bucks for a 1 INCH angel!

Back
Top Bottom