Petsmart: Top Fin Aquarium Info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
subject: top fin tanks... they seem to only be sold at Petsmart

I cannot find a website for them.

I've heard it rumored the tanks are made by All-Glass as an OEM product, and Top Fin is a brand name put on them?

the reason I ask is I saw a Top Fin tank 60x24x24 at petsmart, 150 gallons, but I'm not sure, and cannot find any web data on the tanks.

The glass appeared to be 1/2 inch, but might have been 3/8ths. Also, I think I saw a sticker about the bottom being tempered.

I know all-glass's 150 is 72x18x29 - so that leads me to believe that Top Fin are not made by All-Glass, since there is no metion of a tank that size in AGA's catalogs.

anyone have any other ideas, or can you confirm the size of that tank?

Thanks
Gordon

Yeah, I'm curious about those Top Fins as well. The 30 gal was 39.95 which seems like an attractive price.

argh

nobody knows eh?

it boils down to about $100

Top Fin 120g from Petsmart = $289 = 306.34 with tax

All Glass 120g from Petco = $379 = 401.74 with tax

to me almost $100 is a lot of money ... long hours spent at a boring job ;) ... so I'm leaning towrd the top fin at this point... besides I would rather have the $100 to spend to avoid cutting corners on something like lighting, filtration and livestock.

Although I'm not a big gambler, I feel the odds are about even on the chance that either tank could leak or rupture.

I have never had a tank rupture before, but I have had them leak, mostly due to my own carelessness by handling them from their top support band, rather than the bottom.

this new tank will hopefully suffer no such abuse, as it weights about 200 lbs and will be carried by at least two people.

from what I can see, the tanks appear to be identical in assembly - butt jointed walls, full base bottom, single piece molded top support and center span.

I know it's generally bad to cut certain corners, and this is why I'm buying a premade tank instead of trying to make one myself. for the most part I have more faith in modern industrial assembly technics than I do in my own when it comes to something like this.

-- moved to freshwater general -- I don't think general retailers sees many visitors!

btw

petsmart stocks the 120, petco needs to know by sunday to order it for the next week.

My 29 gallon is from petsmart, so it is TopFin. I have no complaints about it. Since it does what it is suppose to do. :)

Back
Top Bottom