PetSuperMarket is my new waste of time and money.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just found a PetSuperMarket today in the local area and ventured in before I had to get going to work for a nightshift.

I must say, this store is awesome! Its very small, but its VERY clean. Their selection of fish, as far as lots of varriety, is rather poor.. but what they do have, they have in brilliant condition with water clearer than crystal and complete with live plants and everything else!

and OMG! Their prices... :eek2:

55gal tank, real wood stand, and a dual lightstrip hood [ which holds a total of 4 florescent tubes ] for 189bucks!!!

29gal tanks and hoods for 50 bucks! [ I paid almost 70 for mine.. :puppydogeyes: ]

And I just god paid to..

gotta wake up, go to the bank then go to PSM! :D

Get myself a 55gal tank, a good Magnun canister filter.. Then venture over to the Depot, Home Depot, and get myself some nice sand,

*quivers at the thought of his first 55gal fresh water community tank.*

Wonder, if I take all the fish out of the 30gal and put them in the 55gal, should I use the 30gal for a sump..?

Wow...I wanna come live by U william.

Heh and no, don't do a sump. Do a biotope tank!!

wow, those are killer prices!!! Man, if i have that kinna deal for, i'd grab the 55 gal in a heartbeat not even think twice!

Allivymar said:
Wow...I wanna come live by U william.

Heh and no, don't do a sump. Do a biotope tank!!

I am holding my paycheck in my hand, and debating weither to buy 1 55gal/tank/stand for 189, plus a magnum for another 100 [ 289 total ]

Or if I should just let my cable bill lapse another month and get 2 tanks/stands/hoods and magnums :D 8O

Yeah! Death to TV, get more tanks! I think I would be broke in no time if there was a store like that near me. My family is already teasing me that soon every wall in the house will be lined with tanks. I remind them that a 55 makes a very nice room divider... :wink:

If you go that route William, IMO get a Fluval 304 from bigalsonline. Price is around 80 bucks and it's such a great filter!! :)

Fluval is better than magnum?

and why no sump? Be nice not to have to watch the water level like a hawk :D

Another deal on tanks in Canada ... Petsmart has a 80 gal with glass hood and a double 48" HO light fixture for Can $190 .. That's less than $150 US!

heh, talk about good deal my recent purchase is pretty funny.
I thought I've got a good deal on 72 gal bowfront All-glass for 170. So I was happy. Didn't think about the glass hood and light fixture. Turned out, the AG hood costs me 50 and AG light fixture cost me another 70. So in the end it was almost 300 for the tank. So in the end i didn't get a good deal on it at all. But it was worth it because the tank is so pretty.

Another deal on tanks in Canada ... Petsmart has a 80 gal with glass hood and a double 48" HO light fixture for Can $190 .. That's less than $150 US!

Any Idea how long? Brand etc? Did you see it in store or a flyer? Let me know.. I am in cowtown..

Is this a good deal or am I just having MTS....

I saw a 45 gallon I have my eye on as well.....

I have a Fluval 404 on my 55gal tank and have never had a problem with priming or anything else for that matter.
It Is an awsome filter.
Keeps my tank crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom