ph??!!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use P.H increase or if you want around 8.2 then you can get a thing called 8.2 for cichlids and stuff

As long as your ph is consistant then your okay. If your ph was 8 a week ago and now its 6 then thats a problem. But if it has been 6.4 or watever for a long time the fish adapt and will be ok

Okay, two things to point out:
1. Your BPs will be fine at that pH. Don't mess with it, if they've been in there for a while they have gotten used to it and there is no need to move it. If you ABSOLUTELY have the desire to change it, I will only recommend you add a small amount of crushed coral into the tank gradually every day. CC is potent with pH and will raise it way fast if you add too much.
2. DO NOT use the pH up/down/raise/neutral/balance/etc. products you see at the store. Those contain harmful chemicals that can poison your fish. In addition they will cause massive pH swings if you add too much and can leave your fish in pH shock, making them more prone to disease.

Bruins is right I wouldn't use it ether I was trying just to answer question I have same P.H and my blood parrot is okay with it.

+1 with bruinsbro1997. Let the pH be if it's been consistent and your fish look fine. Keeping it consistent is the key.

Using chemicals to alter the tanks parameters can be in fact dangerous to both the fish and the tank. I have seen many tanks crash because of this.

I would just recommend keeping the pH as is. The fish by now have adapted to it and do not mind it at all - so don't worry. Most fish can naturally adapt to new surroundings and parameters if acclimated right..

As said from above, the keep to a balanced tank is balanced parameters. Meaning don't let the ammonia, nitrite or nitrate rise and keep the pH the same.

Back
Top Bottom