PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay I have a few questions about PH.
1. How do you test your tap water? I have heard you should leave a cup of water out overnight, and I have heard you leave some water out overnight and use a bubble stone on it. Which way is the correct way?

2. Why are the darn colors on the api master kit so darn close lol I can't ever tell one color from the other!

3. I know driftwood/co2 injection will lower your PH, now if it lowers it a point or a point and a half is that a big deal? I mean when I do PWC basically i'm raising the PH back up and then it drops back down slowly as the CO2 and driftwood take effect wouldn't that have an adverse effect on my lil buddies? I know fish can tolerate a wide range of PH and best thing for them is stability, seems like raising and lowering the PH every week would be stressful.

4. Okay this one isn't about PH, but I'll ask it anyhow! Why the heck to I love my fish so darn much?!?! I mean i'm a 37 year old MAN I shouldn't obsess over fishies this much lol.

Okay questions over thanks for all the help ya'll have given me so far and I am sure you'll be answer many more in the future!

Crap I lied 1 more question lol

5. What is my PH!!!

Looks like 7.6 to 7.8. If chlorinated water out gasses overnight, the pH is likely to drop from the chlorine leaving. when the pH rises and falls from CO2 injection, it doesn't really have any effect on the fish because the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) hasn't changed. I don't worry about pH and haven't tested for years.

Back
Top Bottom