Ph Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hforney

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have ordered all components online for my CO2 injection system. Once my system is up and running how do I determine what ph I should set my ph controller at? This is my first time experience with CO2.

Thanks for any, and all advice.

This is easily determined by understanding the relationship between ph/KH and CO2.
Chuck Gadd provides a calculator which should help you here. It's also an excellent resource for planted tanks. www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/articles.htm

HTH

Thanks Brian! From the look of the chart I will probably have to set my ph at 7.0. My Kh measured 8.0 when I first set the tank up and has dropped to 6.0.

One more question. Will it be counterproductive to run an air stone at night when the lights go off? I was thinking this might provide additional oxpgen for the plants and fish at night. I don't remember reading on this forum where is advisable or not. Just a newbie trying to get answers. Who knows, maybe I can help someone one day.

Thanks again!

No airstone is needed. Ideally you want the CO2 level between 18 and 25 ppm. Just keep slowing the bubble rate until your pH tells you you've achieved that level. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom