pH dropped?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been having issues in my QT tank with water parameters (my really stupid mistake). It was cycled but isn't now.

I have been doing daily and every other day water changes. The Ammonia has not gone above .5 BUT what I didn't take into account is that my pH is usually 8.2.

I tried to use some seeded media from one tank but it never too. I took some sponges from my 75 gallon yesterday and so far the ammonia was 0 and .25 this am. I will probably do another water change today just in case it goes to .5 when I am not here. I might not because I'm not sure it would go below .25 even with a water change.

This recent media was added yesterday morning. Nitrites have been 0 and Nitrates have been 0.

My question is about pH. The QT tank now has a pH of 7.4 not sure why. My pH (and the pH in my other tanks) usually runs 8.2 sometimes 8.0.

Do I need to worry about this in a water change? I am thinking it is ok and I prefer it lower. I don't want to add any pH down because my readings are already wonky.

Thanks!
jana

Back
Top Bottom