Ph issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using the carbon filters that came with the tank, well prior to medicating anyway.

I'm all about taking advice and I will certainly look into other options in regards to the carbon filters.

I did do a water change today and also got some crushed coral. I was pretty modest when adding the coral to the filter. I'll add just a little at a time over the next few weeks to raise that ph. Thank you for that tip.

Looks like you're on the right track! How's your fish btw? And have you tested your Ph at all? It should be pretty stable right now as far as I'm concerned. And no problem! :) Good luck! Feel free to shoot me any questions you come up with as well.

TotallyCoral said:
Looks like you're on the right track! How's your fish btw? And have you tested your Ph at all? It should be pretty stable right now as far as I'm concerned. And no problem! :) Good luck! Feel free to shoot me any questions you come up with as well.

The fish is starting to look a little better, he was more active anyway.

The ph has pretty much bottomed out at 6.0 and as long as I don't do anything to drastic it should be fine. I figured if they didn't die by now, there's hope! :)

I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Thank you again for all your help and I'm interested in finding out more about your setup as well, now that crisis is coming to an end.

That's good to hear! Yeah, the coral should do wonders for ya. And np, glad I could help! :) Yes, keep us posted as well! Hahaha, well once I get my 46 up and running I'll have pics in no time!

So the fish are looking awesome! Im working on the ph issues and theres barely any ich at all. Thank you to all who posted. Only one problem, that methylene blue wiped out all the good bacteria too. So a fish in cycle, any advice other than a whole lot of water changes?

Back
Top Bottom