PH Level and UV Sterilization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kapelady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a UV Sterilization for my freshwater tank and it is working great. However, I can't seem to get the PH level to where it should be. I keep testing the PH level and it is only 6.0 instead of closer to 7.0. What should I do? The fish seem to be doing okay and the tank is clear!

I bought a UV Sterilization for my freshwater tank and it is working great. However, I can't seem to get the PH level to where it should be. I keep testing the PH level and it is only 6.0 instead of closer to 7.0. What should I do? The fish seem to be doing okay and the tank is clear!

Go to the pet store and get some crushed coral. Place it in the filter. This should stabilise ph perhaps raising it slightly.

Main thing is to trust your observations. If fish are happy then there really is nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 on the crushed coral. I had recurring problems with my water being cloudy. I found that my ph was extremely low and was probably impacting the beneficial bacteria in my canister filter. Everything is good since then.

I do not have cloudy water; the UV Sterilization works great and my water is crystal clear. My question is how much crushed coral should I put in my tank and is it okay to put at the bottom of the filter device?

I do not have cloudy water; the UV Sterilization works great and my water is crystal clear. My question is how much crushed coral should I put in my tank and is it okay to put at the bottom of the filter device?

About a cup and it depends on the filter. You want it ideally after the water has gone through the sponge that collects the larger particles of debris

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom