Ph problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, so right now I'm about to transfer my fish from my 10g to a 40B, but the ph seems to high on what I want to keep in the 40. I want it to be around 7, but my tap water and tanks are at 7.7. How could I safely lower it, without shocking the fish? I've heard chemicals like ph down don't really work.

Thx
Fishguy1111

what I've noticed is that a high or low Ph is better than an unstable Ph. Depending on how hardy your fish are, the difference between 7.0 and 7.7 shouldn't be bad. And you're right, chemicals to lower Ph do not work.

what I've noticed is that a high or low Ph is better than an unstable Ph. Depending on how hardy your fish are, the difference between 7.0 and 7.7 shouldn't be bad. And you're right, chemicals to lower Ph do not work.

K thx for the info. I was planning on keeping GBRs, an angelfish, tetras, as well as the platys I have now, so would those work in 7.7? Would driftwood lower and stabilize it?
Thx again

Alright great that's good to hear. Thx a lot, cause I thought GBRs were sensitive, but I guess they can take a higher ph.

Back
Top Bottom