ph question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrkho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a quick question, at night my ph is at 6.5 and kh is at 60mg/l so that means i have about 32ppm co2, but isnt when the co2 is off, my ph should raise a litlte? i tested it in the morning and my ph is still at 6.5 is something wrong? or is it suppose to be like that

Is your tank runnign a CO2 injector of some sort? And what sort of filter are you running?

CO2 can affect pH but if your tank is keeping CO2 equilibrium with the atmospheric air then the pH won't change as the CO2 doesn't change.

if you're injecting CO2, and it shuts off all night long, then normally the pH would rise a bit over night as the CO2 outgasses, and some gets used by the plants.

If you have a very heavy fishload, though, their exhaling might be maintaining CO2 levels overnight.

Probably worth it to try a second pH test kit.

i have a 46 gallon tank with fluval 304 and 404. i have about... 12 bloodfin tetras and 12 pristella tetra, 1 honey gourami, 20 shirmps? maybe less and 4 otos.

Back
Top Bottom