phosphates in play sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glasstapper

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all, recieved a 40g tall in trade for repairs on a friends car and wanted to move discus and plant a tank, well in my search for economical solutions i remember menagerie mentioning HD playsand, my lfs guy wanted me to check on phosphates or contents there of. Also does anyone have an alternative place or product to purchase Flourite? tks in advance as always

as to flourite or laterite, a good bizrate or yahoo search or drsfostersith.com but you got shipping and wait time locally to you? the lfs is all i can think of.
you know playsand can be a touch and go thing. i would look on the bag it should say lime free, and orsay inert. one thing is to take down the number and call them and ask. the thing is some is off beaches which is not good for fw, some is actually sand blasting sand which is an okay choice. sandblasting sand is quartz, but i cnt say as to it's sharpness or whethr those flat pieces will create problems with water flow. i hear good i hear bad so... i was reading some books not long ago and the sand they reccomended was different than what i saw in the pictures, whatever was in the pictures was.... awesome..

oh also tahitian moon sand i have a link for 20lbs for 11.50 plus tax my lfs sells it for 27.95 and drsfostersmith have it for 14.99 it's a black silicate sand
inert

Back
Top Bottom