Phython No-Spill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djrusselljoseph

Aquarium Advice Regular
Love this thing, but for some reason it is taking fooooooorever to drain water OUT of my tank.
I have my water pressure set to full and the water leaving the tank is slow to leave the tank. It's not even siphoning some of the crap I am also trying to remove.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

make sure you have no kinks in the hose, and that it's as straight as possible.

Do you have low water pressure? That's the issue I have that makes draining tedious.

Maybe some old plant leaves are plugging up the sink adapter on the bottom of it mines does that.I even found a fish in my sink once put him back was still ok.

Yup, like Brutus says, take the adapter apart and I'll bet you have something caught in there. You might have even sucked up a rock big enough to block the hose just where it goes into the "T" adapter.
Another thing to try, take the hose off the clear plastic Python and put it in the sink/bathtub/what ever you've got it hooked up to. Turn the water on and close the valve so as to fill the tank. If there's crap in there, this may flush it out.

Yup, like Brutus says, take the adapter apart and I'll bet you have something caught in there. You might have even sucked up a rock big enough to block the hose just where it goes into the "T" adapter.
Another thing to try, take the hose off the clear plastic Python and put it in the sink/bathtub/what ever you've got it hooked up to. Turn the water on and close the valve so as to fill the tank. If there's crap in there, this may flush it out.

You guys are seasoned vets. I ended up siphoning the perfect sized rock and it WAS lodged in the "T".
Thanks guys, all is golden once again.

Back
Top Bottom