Pics of 55 gal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got some decorations from a local river front...what do you all think? This is a future home for African Cichlids...
DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

thanks...i am looking at getting a handful of Malawian Cichlids...i want some colorful fish and Malawian Cichlids are just gorgeous...

Very nice! The broken pot looks pretty cool, especially with the bubbles. I like the rocks and what you did with them too. :)

thanks all...

xray, it is a 55 gal...looking at these Mbunas:
Labidochromis caeruleus
Pseudotropheus demasoni
Pseudotropheus sp. blueberry
Melanochromis chipokae
Pseudotropheus sp.red zebra
Metriaclima Lombardoi (Kenyi)
Metriaclima Callainos (Albino Cobalt Zebra)

I also spotted a few Aulonocara and Haps that interested me but have read here that it is really not a good idea to mix Mbuna and Haps, what about the Auloncaras with Mbuna? I basically want a wide spectrum of color, Red, Blue, Yellow...and I want them to stay within 4-6 inches so i could do more

I also heard that with cichlids it is good to slightly overstock in order to spread the aggression...how many can i do safely in a 55 gal and also have room for a small pleco and maybe a Kuhli loach?

thanks...Mario

Very Nice tank. I really like the rocks. Your Cichlidswill be very happy. What kind of lighting do u have?

just your basic flourescent...its 2 24" bulbs that i picked up at walmart...the package said Aquarium Bulbs...i'm going to be setting up DIY Moonlighting with LEDs soon...not sure how i'm going to get them to hold on or power them...I was thinking on just using a phone adapter type plug set to 12volts and wire them into that...the LEDs i have already have the resistor solderred into the wire for 12volt input, was thinking maybe 3-4 3mm LEDs with the tip sanded down a bit in order to difuse the light a bit more...

Thanks Space...when i was decorating and i came up with that idea, i was as gitty as a school girl...i thought it would be the coolest thing...i am very pleased with the result, that is the first thing that people who come over and see it notice..."Nice, I like how u have the plant in the sunken pot..."

picked up my first cichlids today: 1 blue(female) Kenyi, 1 Electric Yellow, and 1 Red Zebra...

i introduced them to the tank just before i left for work, I will take some pics when i get home as they should be relaxed by then...

Back
Top Bottom