Pics of my tank i need to design it now! Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Bought some Black Aquarium sand last night and more driftwood, i passed on the plants as i didnt have that much money on me.
I think i'll pop in again tomorow though.

Now i have my tank pretty much empty and ready for the sand.
Whats the best way of washing the sand?
When i washed my original substrate (gravel) i got a siv (dont know how to spell it lol) put some of the gravel into the siv, put it under the tap and ran my hands through it to clean and remove any tiny stones.

Sand will obviously fall through the gaps.

hi.....

Sand is a bit different. I used a koolaid container and let water run in it while stirring with my hand. Don't stir too hard, as you might lose some sand running out of the container.

Here's a pic of my pool filter sand I just did.

tank13.jpg

It's just a 1 gallon plastic pitcher, which you can make koolaid, or ice tea in. I bought one and use it just for fish aquarium use. You can discard the top, as it's not needed. I threw mine away. It's also good for acclimating fish if you transfer from tank to tank, fill half full, then add small amounts til it's full, empty hals in the sink, and add small amounts again til it's full, then place the fish in the new tank. You can even use it for water changes on smaller tanks as well, or as I do on my 55G to fill my 5G buckets. Hope to bet my python soon.

Oh right, well i've just used a bucket put about a 1/4 of sand in it then put about 1/2 a bucket of water in then just swirled it around and tipped out the water.

Back
Top Bottom