pictures of my prized bubble-eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pufferpunk said:
They will die of starvavion, if kept w/other kinds of GF, that can see/swim better & outcompete them for food.

bubble-eyes should NEVER be kept with common goldfish (fantails, comets, orandas) for 2 reasons:

1. they are much faster and will eat all the food.
2. they will "NIP" and "BITE" the bubble-sacs :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry but those fishes look disorientated and they seem also not be able to really swim!

Why not breed a dog with five legs? A cat with two tails? Sorry, but that is morally absoulutely not justifiable - poor creatures!

Tiffi-

Now that I have owned a bubble-eye fish for half or three-quarters of a year, I tend to agree with you.

In my opinion, the fish is deformed in a way that negatively impacts his ability to live well. He has to work hard just to swim at all. He can't see the gravel without exerting himself to swim upside down. Generally I'll be surprised if he lives half as long as a more common fancy goldfish.

I generally stopped ordering bubble-eye goldfish where I work at, because they always were sick. They generally were not healthy fish either, and didn't last a long time. I prefer a fish that looks more natural, but hey, they are cool.

Bubble_BOy, you have some beautiful fishes there. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom