Pictus catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I read online that the barbs of the Pictus catfish can hurt. Well after a month in one tank, I brilliantly decided to move them to another less planted tank. They kept uprooting my plants when they swam through. Anyway I got three of them easy enough and the last one freaked out in the net. I was trying to help him out and wham, he got me. Wow, that hurt. On the bright side though. I heard him chirp. I knew they did it but never heard them in the tank. It was pretty cool.

I've got a scar on my hand from when I moved my four line pictus. Hurt worse than jellyfish, but less than stingray. ;]
I used to hear mine chirp at night, it was so weird.

And it hurt so badly because pictus cats are poisonous haha. Took mine forever to heal up properly.

Morgie I'm scared to ask, but why do you know about the jellyfish and stingray!?

I live at the beach and have been attacked by about every kind of sea life you can think of LOLS. My family are all surfers/pilots/crazy adventurers, so we get into all kind of fun trouble.

You have to be careful also that they dont get their fins caught in the net. I had one swimming around with little green sqares on their fins where I had to cut them out of the net. It was horrible. They got the little peices of net off in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom