pictus cats stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
in a 50 gallon tank(40x18x16) will three sterbai, five peppered corys, and 3-4 pictus cats be fine? keep thinking of the stock and keep changing my mind. At first i was thinking Cory tank with 6 peppered, 6 sterbai, 6 pandas, 6 swarts or bronze corys, along with 10 neon tetras, 10 harlequin rosboras, and 10 celebes rainbows. But now im thinking that may be to many corys add something different. I love catfish, always have. which is why im considering the pictus.
I just bought a 20 gallon long from petco. i was thinking of moving my current corys there and just going with the pictus in the 50. If the 4 pictus will go with my current corys(5 peppered, 3 sterbai) in the 50 ill just leave it like that. And go native with 2 madtoms and some minnows or whatever else i can find at the creek in the 20.

I'd add the pictus to the 55 and move the cories to your other setup. Pictus cats are very active and can be difficult to work with. They are like porcupines in the sense that when they get startled when you try to catch them, the spine will get caught if you are using a net.

Then how many pictus can I have in the 50? The more the better but not to the point where there over crowded.

sorry I meant to the 50. I would add 5 or possibly 6 catfish. The main thing you need to know is that they are very active.

Don't add too much decor that way they have plenty of room to swim around in.

Pictus can get pretty big. I wouldn't put 5 or 6 in a 50 gallon. I have 4 in my 55 and i feel like any more would definitely be pushing it. 3 of them are about 8 inches and one is about 5 or 6 inches, and they're very active. I would do about 3 or 4 in a 50 gallon.

Edit: pictus also have very large mouths so i wouldn't keep them with any small fish.

I would just do a species tank. They are amazing fish to begin with plus They may try to eat fish too large to swallow.

Well, I have an Angel with 2 Blue Rams and a pictus in my 55. No problems there.

Back
Top Bottom