Pink Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sberk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went to my LFS yesterday and they had what they were calling "Pink Danios." Has anyone ever seen these fish? They are a bright pink and look like a zebra danio. I'm wondering if they are Glofish. Thing is, I live in Canada where Glofish can't be imported. Is there such a thing as a "Pink Danio?"

looked like these? against the law and cant be imported 2 different things.

glofish.jpg

Seeing as they're illegal here (Canada) do you think they could be something else? Has anyone heard of "pink danios" before?

yes they might be illegal but that really doesnt stop them. never heard of a pink danios other then the glowfish. do they look like whats show in the pic?

sting rays are illegal and so are the glowfish in cali but i can still find them.

they are only illegal because of the gene splicing since they wont do a study on them since they are worried about them getting out into the wild.

on a side note its illegal to breed them and sell them since they hold the patent on them.

there generically altered, they have a part of there DNA that came from a type of alge they were used for scientific studys. not dyed not like the tatto mollys at 1 of the lfs that have "love" and harts and poke a dots on there sides

there generically altered, they have a part of there DNA that came from a type of alge they were used for scientific studys. not dyed not like the tatto mollys at 1 of the lfs that have "love" and harts and poke a dots on there sides

That's just wrong! I'm ok with altering fish for science but dying them just for appearence appeal seems wrong. Glofish becoming household fish was just a side effect of scientific studies. Hopefully my lfs still has them when my tank is done its cycle.

oh i completly agree i think it is wrong to tatoo a fish. i will never buy 1 of those fish, i try to avoid buying anything from there anyways just stopin to check prices on decor and suplies. my 1st thought is WHO thought that thats a good idea and another thought is how bad of a tatto artist do u have to be to become a fish tattoer . i wonder how long the poor thing is out of the water laying on a table probly being sqeezed by there fingers and getting stabed with neddels

Do they actually tattoo them like they do with humans or is it some other process?

Glofish are zebra danios with jellyfish genes spliced in. If you breed them, the fry will exhibit the same color characteristics. Dyed fish don't pass on their colors.

Back
Top Bottom