pink kissing gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too, we just started out with two ten gallons a few months ago, then we bought the 55 a few weeks ago, and now we're talking about doing like a 125 gallon saltwater when i get my bonus from the Navy, but that's still like 8 months away.

That would be sweet I have always wanted to do salt but being a poor senior in high school can't really do it right now.

If all its doing is hiding you might just want to keep your eye on it, you may just have a really mellow one. And I don't agree about it beating the gold gourami, I have kept them together before with no issues. I would be mostly worried about your little fish, but, like it was stated the kisser might not even be the biggest threat to them!( pictus)

Well we got 4 more of the cory catfish, and 2 more of both the white skirt and black skirt tetras. The tetras are all schooling together.

Well after having the pink kissing gourami for about a week, its swimming around a lot more, but I still haven't seen any aggression out of it at all.

Don't be fooled by the cute little pink kissers in the pet store they get big! Mine got big really fast too here is a pic of mine its around 10-11 inches long

ForumRunner_20130401_121717.jpg

Not so cute anymore Haha

I know i said before mine was like 8 inches but i was wrong it's more like 6 inches lol but it pretty much keeps to itself and i haven't seen any aggression from it at all. my husband and i have been keeping a close eye on it, and if for some reason anything happened we would definitely rehome it. But really it seems to have a very mellow personality, and never shows any aggression not even over food. Also it never messes with the gold gourami and the gold gourami never messes with the pink kissing gourami.

I adore pink kissers I have been keeping them for years they are generally pretty laid back fish but I wouldn't put them in a tank with just any fish. Guppies are certainly not a good idea, as with most any fish if something is small enough to fit in their mouth, they are probably gunna eat it!

All I'm going to say is, it depends on the fish. Like dogs, they each have their own quirks! I have a 55 gal community tank but I'm babysitting 2 parrot fish In there with a green severum, a giant gourami, a pearl gourami, 2 eartheaters, and some little danios and tetras. No one is eating anyone else yet. Of course, I'm ready for the parrots to go back home, they are dirtying my tank up!

Back
Top Bottom