Pink "Kissing Gouramis" not eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All,
I just got 2 pink kissing gouramis 2 days ago. They are in a 55gal with 6 neons, 1 catfishy, and 1 gold algae eater.
They stay new the bottom of the tank moving arond sometimes but do not eat. When I put flake food in there they do not come to the top to get any.
Instead, my neons are eating everything.
What could this be? I have read that they eat alge also, but I dont have any algae (not in significant amounts anyway) in my tank.
What do you suggest?
My water parameters are fine..

Thank you all,
Richie

Seeing as how you just got your gouramis two days ago, I would think that they are still adjusting to your tank. Moving from the lfs to your tank can be extremely stressful, and I have found that gouramis take an average of one week to adjust.

I agree with endgame, try different foods, but imo, there is nothing to worry about yet.

Well, a lot of fish simply prefer sinking food. The cichlids in the tank I recently started for a professor require sinking pellets, otherwise they won't eat! I'd advise getting some small-medium sinking pellets.

Back
Top Bottom