Place for tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankdude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want a bigger tank but am not sure where to put it. So if I put a cover over the back could it go here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 42
Yeah if you used a black cover on the back to keep the sun from growing algae I don't see why not, if you use a glass lid it might cause some growth on the lid but thatd be minimal. Also if you use HOB filters with clear or not black plastic it might grow some inside the filter but that's probably fine

Yeah if you used a black cover on the back to keep the sun from growing algae I don't see why not, if you use a glass lid it might cause some growth on the lid but thatd be minimal. Also if you use HOB filters with clear or not black plastic it might grow some inside the filter but that's probably fine
What size tank would you say. I was thinking something bigger like 75 gallons

What's the distance between the outer edges of the windows, a 75g would be 4ft so that would look good, a bigger one around 125 or so is 6ft so depends on the width there, too long and it'd look tacky but I think a 75 would look good

You could but I'd still worry about the heat from the sun heating the tank up more on hot days. Even with a black background. And you'd probably end up having them shades closed alot more than what you want. I'd think of rearranging the room. That right side corner would be better Imo.

It would be hard to get that corner available so would behind the bed work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 40
[emoji51] um, yeah, no... That probably wouldn't work. Look like alittle more room over there then that. Hum!

I think it would be fine in front of the window. It looks like there's a porch or some kind of overhang above the windows? That might help a little? My tank is in front of a window and I have yet to see any fluctuations in temps at all. The only tanks that have ever warmed up for me have been very small tanks. Put a background on the tank and I'm sure you will be ok.

I would not block access to such low windows with aquarium (will need access to be cleaned). do I see a baseboard heater between windows? not sure you want to block it off either.

another consideration is weight - you said bigger tank, how big?. If you are you on concrete slab, then 6 footer tanks are fine. floor/ crawl space below? then additional considerations (joist direction, support below, etc) are to be made - bigger tanks can be quite a point load.

Back
Top Bottom