Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

placing the heater in the filter

I have an R362 Jebo aquarium.

For filtering, a bomb takes water from the left part of the tank and brings it to a horizontal tube with little holes on the top of the aquarium. The water gets filtered and comes back in the acuarium falling from a hole on the right part.

My question is if it is possible to place the heater up there. I would say that there is something like 2L of water inside the filter.

Is it bad to have the filter heated? Is it dangetous for the heater itself?? Anybody have an other way to put the heater out of the aquarium? You know..placing it horizontal is a way to hide it. But putting it outside could be the best!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hc8719 Send a message via MSN to hc8719
i dont know what your aquarium/filter looks like, have any pics? that might help, but im sure it its something like a sump you could heat it externally

Old 09-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to flip_lx
There are some eheim and tetra filters with the heater in them so i don't think it is bad for the heater. it makes sense as it can evenly heat all the water and disperese is steadily around the tnak. as for a heater out of the tank perhaps some of the inline heaters for canister filters(im not sure if those need to be submerged or not others can probably answer that)
Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
If the heater fits, stays submerged all the time and there is no danger of it melting any plastic, i.e. doesn't touch the tubing or the chmaber, I do not see why it would not work. People put heaters in sumps and wet/drys all the time.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just worry as if the thermostat of the heater does not work properly. If the amount of water in the filter is few...but on the other hand there is constant flow...

Tags
eat, eater, filter, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com