Planeria Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I found 2 worm like things in my QT. Only things in it are gravel, live plants, 1 assassin snail, and way to many pond snails to count. I did a quick google search and I believe they are planeria.
My question is should I be worried about them being in the tank, are they harmful? I was going to add some kuhli loaches this weekend, but if the tank is a threat to my DT I won't.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can add whatever you want but it's usually to no avail if you don't correct the problem. Most feb planaria are a result of overfeeding.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

The kuhlies would be going in this tank for a few weeks of quarantine before being added to my DT. If the planeria is harmless then I don't have anything to worry about. Just another fish tank annoyance

Planaria

So today I found 2 worm like things in my QT. Only things in it are gravel, live plants, 1 assassin snail, and way to many pond snails to count. I did a quick google search and I believe they are planeria.
My question is should I be worried about them being in the tank, are they harmful? I was going to add some kuhli loaches this weekend, but if the tank is a threat to my DT I won't.

Hello fish...

No worries. These worms aren't parasites. They show up when there's too much dissolved food in the tank water and traces of ammonia start up in the water. Most aquarium fish will have them for lunch. Keep the tank water cleaner.

B

Planaria

Hello fish...

Planaria aren't parasites. They grow in water with a lot of dissolved food. Ammonia traces will show up soon and that's not what your fish want. Most aquarium fish will have these worms for lunch. Keep the tank water cleaner.

B

I haven't been doing anything with this tank because it's only inhabitants are snails. When I get new fish then yes I will be keeping the water params at an acceptable level of 0-0-20. Until then if the worms won't be a problem they can stay.

Back
Top Bottom