Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a terrestrial plant species. I have it outside I forgot the name.

It looks like a caladium, which is a house plant. That is one of the many leaf color/patterns this plant comes in. Does it have roots? Or are leaves coming out of a bulb on one end and roots out of the other end of the bulb? If it just has roots then the leaves it's a caladium and it will need to be removed from the water. If there is a little bulb it's a Tiger Lotus. Here's a picture showing what a Tiger Lotus with bulb looks like... Red Tiger Lotus.

Yup your right rivercats which you always are, in other questions, can you help me, if my future stock is 2 German blue rams, 1 bristlenose pleco, 6 tiger barbs, 6 serpae tetras, and one red tailed black shark, which would you put In first?

Ugh, not the easiest list to work with! Is the tank new, cycled, or would you happen to be restocking a tank that has been set up?

Honestly with that stock it would be great if the tank was mature enough and big enough (what size it the tank) to put the barbs, tetras, and shark in together. Then they all are starting on the same footing with no one having already being established in the tank which is where problems can start. The rams, if your getting GBR's, need to go in 4-6 months after the tank has been set up. The pleco needs to go in about 3 months down the road so there is enough bio-film and algae.

It's a new tank and currently in a fishless cycle, of 40 gallons would 3 barbs, 3 tetras and the and the shark work then add more barbs and tetras eventually?

If your doing a fishless cycle your tank BB will be at its peak when your done and you can add the full stock together. Then just monitor to be sure you don't have any little ammonia spikes for a few days which you shouldn't. Then I'd wait for the pleco and ram till much later.

Oh alright then thank you lol one last question. I bought this cabomba thinkin that's what it looks like with iron but I don't really know anymore. Will it bounce back or is it oo far dead?

That doesn't look like Cabomba to me, more like Rotala Wallichii but I've never seen one stem branched quite like that. Plus it appears bottom growth is falling off or dying? Anyway very high light, CO2, and dosing dry ferts via PPS-Pro or El is how that coloring is achieved. It's not just from adding iron. Without the above growth will return to green.

Back
Top Bottom