Plant pot Caves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking about adding one or two plant pots to my aquarium for decorative caves.

I was thinking ceramic or plastic pots. Would those be ok to use ??? Anything special I need to do or know???

I want to mix them in with my slate rock structure I have. I will have to do some rearranging. But I think it will look good. Any pointers?????

Terracota or ceramic are the most natural looking, you can break them in half or bust holes out, just sand any rough edges up for your fish!

Just pick of 3 of them. 2 mid size and 1 smaller ones. Anything ideas on how to stack them or arrange them.

I broke one in half to make a low profile cave, punching a hole out in the upper middle makes for a great hidey hole, if you have a drill than drill a series if holes in whichever pattern you choose and carefully tap out piece with a hammer..

I think I am going to drill the bottoms out completely and some how arrange them with the slate rock I currently have in my tank

The terra cotta pots will work. Givethem a good scrub with hot water first. I just break them in half, smooth any rough edges and put it on it's side, like a cave. They usually have a drain hole in the bottom, I've got an Anubis in the hole, it's attached itself.

Plant pot Caves?????

I got 3 ceramic pots. I knock the bottom out and sanded it so it isn't rough. And soak them last night. I think going to add them to the tank tonight. And suggestions or pointers on adding them !!!

Place them where ya want them and bury them a bit so they are sturdy. They aren't complicated. Your fish will love them. I made caves out of the trays the pots sit on as well. The flat surface makes a nice breeding area.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398988671.204693.jpg

Here is my tank with the pots in it. Any input on changes i should make or comments are welcome.

The pots look really good! Do you like it?

Brookster....you crack me up.

Brookster don't get it.....?

And yea i like it. But every time i add something or rearrange it always takes me a couple days to fully like it. Because I always want to change it a little here or a little there. You know. But I do like this a lot.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I just saw the Disney characters and thought.... Disneyland!!! Honestly I'm a big fan if natural tanks, you can check my profile, to each their own, at the end if the day I could care less what anyone really thinks if my tank, if they don't like it they can head on over and take over my full maintanence schedule, but food, ferts and whatever else I need to dump in my tank every week..than we can talk;)

Wasn't saying anything about your tank or anything about you.

The Disney piece is in the because I can't tell my daughter no so.....

I love natural looking tanks and I am in process of getting my tank there. Slowly but surely it is getting to where I want it to be.

I know. You second comment seemed like you thought I was talking badly toward you. I meant nothing mean or anything. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Back
Top Bottom