Plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is a good hardy background plant for medium lighting, and root tabs if necessary?

Good foreground plant, maybe something that spreads? Not a carpet but just has runners or something. Also medium light.

I love my fish!!!

Here are a few worth researching. Some may have different needs in terms of ferts/carbon.

Background: Crypt Balansae, jungle val, hygrophila corymbosa, hygrophila augustifolia, swords, cyperus helferi, swords, red tiger lotus, wisteria

Foreground: Dwarf sag, pygmy chain sword, downoi, crypt parva, marsilea minuta, Hemianthus glomeratus (can also be used in the mid/background depending how you want to trim it)

Here are a few worth researching. Some may have different needs in terms of ferts/carbon.

Background: Crypt Balansae, jungle val, hygrophila corymbosa, hygrophila augustifolia, swords, cyperus helferi, swords, red tiger lotus, wisteria

Foreground: Dwarf sag, pygmy chain sword, downoi, crypt parva, marsilea minuta, Hemianthus glomeratus (can also be used in the mid/background depending how you want to trim it)

Thank you! I will definitely check those out. I just get completely lost in all of the varieties of everything.

I love my fish!!!

I have good luck with Amazon swords. They get quite large and produce other swords.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For background I've had good luck with Amazon sword, vals, moneywort.

One of my favorites for foreground is dwarf sag.

IME amazing swords don't grow tall enought for what I'm looking for. So I'm giving jungle Val a shot. Let's see how it grows over the next few weeks and I may get more.

Also looking into micro chain sword for foreground. Look similar to dwarf sag.

I love my fish!!!

Amazon sword, bleheri, moneywort, green ludwigia, wisteria, water sprite, elodea/anacharis for background.

Wendtii crypt is okay for front, and some of the diminutive sword looking plants. I've no idea what species they are, but the ones I have are all of a few inches tall. Petco find (unlabeled, unfortunately).

For a foreground plant dwarf stargrass is cool. The runners sprout little grass plumes that look like green fireworks.

I think Amazon sword and Val's for the background

Star repens fore a carpeting plant

Fishobsessed7

Star repens looks good! No idea where I'd get it though. My lfs doesn't have a great selection of plants and neither does petco. Well especially for foreground plants.

I love my fish!!!

I never had luck with staur repens in tanks without pressurized co2 -- it'd do ok for a little bit but eventually always melted away no matter what I tried. Hopefully it does ok for you if you decide to try it! The classified section at The Planted Tank forum should give you access to basically every plant you could want. You could also try peabody's paradise!

IME amazing swords don't grow tall enought for what I'm looking for. So I'm giving jungle Val a shot. Let's see how it grows over the next few weeks and I may get more.

Also looking into micro chain sword for foreground. Look similar to dwarf sag.

I love my fish!!!
Jungle val will definatly do it this is a 31" tall tank

I got some fantastic jungle vals from a seller on Aquabid; tank is obviously still being worked on as far as plants :rolleyes:

img_3168162_0_48e9a4ce11ba1a464f2a69e24ae9946c.jpg

That's what I'm going for!!! Really hope they do well because that looks awesome! :)

I love my fish!!!

Back
Top Bottom