Planted ten gallon stocking option

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have recently moved my 5 tiger barbs from my planted 10 gallon to my 55 gallon so now I am looking for something to stock in my 10 gallon there is 2 wysteria plants and 3 Anubias plants attached to small pieces of driftwood. There is one oto in the tank right now but I'm looking for a any options you guys can think of for this tank. I have a 100 gph filter and heater and am routine with my weekly pwc's.

Absolutely doable and those are some pretty cool fish for sure. So that is for sure an option.

Also dwarf puffers, chili rasboras, pygmy sunfish, sparkling gouramis, pygmy cories and least killifish.

Some other options are clown killis, pygmy cories, Asian stone catfish, guppies, platies, Endler's livebearers, green neons, rice fish, a betta, or ember tetras.

You could possibly have 6 neon tetras, but most people think that is borderline in a 10g tank.

+1 for beta, mine get's along great with an otto and is so fun to watch! If you're looking for something different you could try African dwarf frogs.

I have actually been thinking about giving a betta a home it deserves, but could I add any other fish to this equation I realize its a small tank but I want a little more movement in the tank if I go that route.

It really depends on the beta, some get along great with other fish and some don't. I'm going to get a school of ember tetras to go with mine though, since I've heard they are usually ok together.

maxwellag said:
Also dwarf puffers, chili rasboras, pygmy sunfish, sparkling gouramis, pygmy cories and least killifish.

+1 for Pygmy sunfish. Beautiful us native fish. The croaking gouramis and Pygmy corys are also very very cool.

Love the Pygmy sunfish and the micro rasboras so those move to the top of the list

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
Love the Pygmy sunfish and the micro rasboras so those move to the top of the list

And if I remember correctly, they are cold water species which are an interesting turn from the normal warm water tropicals we keep.

Predfan27 said:
+1 for Pygmy sunfish. Beautiful us native fish. The croaking gouramis and Pygmy corys are also very very cool.

I think you mean sparkling gouramis. Crokaing gouramis are a whole different species.

maxwellag said:
I think you mean sparkling gouramis. Crokaing gouramis are a whole different species.

Correct. But both the croaking and sparkling (which is also called a dwarf croaking gourami) can fit in a 10. The latter being better suited because it is smaller. But my current 10 has a standard croaking in it and he enjoy his home. The sparkling gourami is also prettier than the standard although the standard croaking goruami has some subtle colors that can be outstanding.

I have never seen most of these species at my LFS so I may have to order online or possibly have my LFS order them for me. Anyone have any reputable online fish dealers?

Back
Top Bottom