Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
When you buy live plants are you supposed to bury the planter too, that it comes in. Or are you supposed to take the plant out and just bury the roots into the gravel? Thank You

Take it out if the planter and try to get all that spongy stuff off...

What kind of plant is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Take the plant out of the little pot or plant weight, take off as much of the woolly stuff as possible, trim the extra long roots off, separate plant into individual stems (if possible) and then bury it gently in the substrate.

I plant anubias and ferns. Just leave the rhizome exposed. And yes just remove the plant from the pot, you can run it under water to help make removing the rock wool easier. It's not a big deal if you don't get all of it, just try not to damage the root structure too much.

Thank you , I have looked those two types up & I do not have those. I will remember not to plant them if I ever buy those. Thank You :)

I am not for sure what kind, I wanted to enclose 2 pics. it is telling me to send url of the picture. But I have them on my computer, :(

I have longggg roots on 2 of these plants. so i should trim them off correct? & when you say to separate into individual stems, is that meaning to break them apart? Sorry for my lack of not understanding that. I am not to good with plants, I just bury them as the pet shop say to do. I don`t even have house plants lol

My Plants

Here is what I have, There was not any name on them when I bought them. Just said potted plant, If you look closely you can see the long roots coming up. I guess that means there happy?

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 74
  • roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 80
That might be what my plant is. that sounds familiar. I only bury the roots? Thank you :)

I'm assuming one was labeled as amazon sword which is the one on the right, but be ready for the leaves to die off, it's in full emersed foliage and the one on the left I'm guessing was labeled brazil sword in which case it is not aquatic and will slowly waste away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom