Plants cant fight back!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do I potect my plants... my **** fish keep eating them and are pulling all the lower "leaves" off my Macaya plants :( I wont be able to trim the tops and regrow them if they keep this up... they have eaten the bottom 2-3" of leaves :(

Not very nice to my "grass" either :(

Which fish is eating the plants? What type of snails do you have? Most of my snails eat dieing or dead plants.

you could use a pot are you sure its the fish? some tiems the bottom leafs wont get light since the top ones shade it and they die off. not sure why the fish would only pull the bottom ones off.

its at least 2 of the gold barbs (have I ever mentioned I hate these fish lol) I do see the snails afte rthe leaves sometimes on the "gras" but its the dead leaves on teh very bottom and its rare. I feed to much as opposed to too little so its not like they shoudl be hungry

Get rid of the barbs, give em away, sell em, jsut get em gone, then you will have nice plants. I will upload some pics tonight of the new plantings and water change ( **** mopani). Other then getting rid of one or the other, I dont think there is a solution.

Back
Top Bottom