Plants keep getting uprooted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJGourami

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have some plastic plants in my tanks and they keep coming loose and floating to the surface. Aside from adding more gravel to the tank is there anyway I can stop this from happening? Perhaps by gluing some rocks onto the base or something.

how long does the glue need to cure before I can put it back into my tank?

I never knew you can superglue in a tank, but I saw at Petsmart there are plants now with suction cups to the base to, well stick to the glass.

Yes you can use super glue. Us reefers use super glue gel when fragging corals and it can be put immediately back into the water. I also read somewhere it cures better underwater.

You can use silicone too but you'll have to let it cure for two to three days out of the water.

Lance M. said:
Yes you can use super glue. Us reefers use super glue gel when fragging corals and it can be put immediately back into the water. I also read somewhere it cures better underwater.

You can use silicone too but you'll have to let it cure for two to three days out of the water.

I have heard this too, but noone has verified it yet.

Lance M. said:

I hope I'm just stating the obvious, but make sure the silicone you use is an aquarium-safe version such as Sikaflex Aquarium Silicone. Other types of silicone can contain ingredients that are poisonous to your fish, and will leech out into your tank over time.

Back
Top Bottom