Platic Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimdem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't have my aquarium set up yet, but I am getting there. I picked up several plastic plants the other day, then cam back here and read about how they can cause scale damage. How much more desirable are the silk ones? Should I return the plastic while I can?

I've had plastic plants for almost a year and a half and they've never caused my fish any damage. I think you should be fine. And you may choose to convert to real plants a t a later date.

You can mix and match the plastic or silk at your will. your fish will love them. Aren't you amazed at the quality and choices these days?

My advice about plastic plants is get the Second Nature Brand. Cheaper plastic plants seem to fall apart after awhile.

I have a combo of silk and plastic. The silk wins hands down. They move with the water current a lot easier than the plastic. Yeah, they cost a little more but they are quite worth it.

Some plastic plants can snag long flowing fins on fish like fancy guppies and bettas. Otherwise, they're perfectly safe.

I like the way silk plants look in the tank, but they don't seem to hold up too well - fading and some fraying. The plastic plants generally look less real and they tend to fall apart after a while too.

Back
Top Bottom