Platie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MPehl77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a pregnant platie...not squared off yet but very pregnant....and the male keeps pecking at her! They will be swimming next to each other and he will just turn and ram her. I can't figure out if its an act of agression or what. He isn't nipping at her fins or anything....just bumping into her....a fishie head butt if you will. :brows: Any ideas???

Your Platy Question

I have a pregnant platie...not squared off yet but very pregnant....and the male keeps pecking at her! They will be swimming next to each other and he will just turn and ram her. I can't figure out if its an act of agression or what. He isn't nipping at her fins or anything....just bumping into her....a fishie head butt if you will. :brows: Any ideas???

Hello M...

You just need to get three or four more female Platys. I keep "Livebearers" and find if I have 4 to 5 females for every male, then the females are more comfortable.

B

My tank is cycling so I am waiting a few more weeks before any additions....but I was thinking of more platies anyway....I love the brilliant colors and they are so active and happy. Thanks a lot for your help!

Back
Top Bottom