Platies and Gourami Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have two questions;

1) I have two Panda Platies, one male and one female. Yes I am aware this ratio is not correct but I was told they were both females and later found out one was a male. The male doesn't harass the female too much and follows her around every so often. I've had them for about 2 or so months now and the female still hasn't gotten pregnant.. Is it possibly she isn't fertile or something?? I just thought it was weird.

2) I just introduced an opaline gourami from my 75 gallon to my 29 gallon with the two platies and now my one platy will not stop following the gourami around.. The gourami doesn't seem too bothered just annoyed. Why is my platy doing this? They all three use to be in my 75 and did just fine, now they they are in my 29 the platy is constantly picking on my gourami.. Any replies would be appreciated! Thanks

So I have two questions;

1) I have two Panda Platies, one male and one female. Yes I am aware this ratio is not correct but I was told they were both females and later found out one was a male. The male doesn't harass the female too much and follows her around every so often. I've had them for about 2 or so months now and the female still hasn't gotten pregnant.. Is it possibly she isn't fertile or something?? I just thought it was weird.

2) I just introduced an opaline gourami from my 75 gallon to my 29 gallon with the two platies and now my one platy will not stop following the gourami around.. The gourami doesn't seem too bothered just annoyed. Why is my platy doing this? They all three use to be in my 75 and did just fine, now they they are in my 29 the platy is constantly picking on my gourami.. Any replies would be appreciated! Thanks

Same things happen with my female Mickey Mouse Platy and my powdered blue dwarf gourami! SHe follows him around and gives him *kisses* the occasional time, but I don't think its anything to worry about as long as they aren't stressed out or hurting each other. Mine doesn't do it in an aggressive way, so I'm not worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom