Platies with Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm gonna take the chance... I've done some research on platies and they say they'd be good with angels. (I don't know) but if they don't I'll just put them with my Betta. Should do good with either one. Anyways, I came across 3 midnight blue platies and really like them. So, another adoption. I can't wait! ?? I'm still kinda worried, so what do y'all think?

I know my angels will not live up to they're name when the time comes, maybe I'll just put them in the 10 gallon with the betta. This is why I posted this. Cause I don't believe everything I read online. I need to see what y'all think. Angels are still baby's yet. But not for long. And my Betta is young too.

How big is your other tank? From what I remember, Angels need at least 30 gallons.

They can be kept in communities with other fish, platys included I'm pretty sure, but only if they have enough room. Angels can get pretty big.

As long as your other tank is big enough, the Angels should be fine with platys for now. If you start to see common aggression from the Angels you should move them to a different tank, preferably larger than a 10g as it will not be big enough for fully grown Angels.

I believe that Angels are territorial which is why they need more space when housed with other species of fish. I could be wrong about this though.

Just my opinion on the matter. Best of luck. (y)

The angels are in a 75 gallon. And the Betta is in the 10 gallon. I will be getting other tanks as time goes by. I'd just like to have a few other fish in my 75. And I'm being picky about it cause of my angels.

The angels are in a 75 gallon. And the Betta is in the 10 gallon. I will be getting other tanks as time goes by. I'd just like to have a few other fish in my 75. And I'm being picky about it cause of my angels.
Oh, okay! 75 gallons is a great size. The platys and angels should be perfectly fine in there together. Just watch out for possible aggression from the Angels in the future.
I hope everything works out! Again, best of luck.

Platys with angels is no issue at all. Angels won't notice them and so as they do. I kept them angels and Platys together with zero issues

Platys with Angelfish is no problem. They will pretty much ignore each other. In addition, if the Platys drop fry it is an excellent source of live food for the Angels.

Back
Top Bottom