Platinum angelfish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found some of these guys and i really want to add one to my 40 gallon community
Problems:

1: already have an angel! Would mine bully the platinum, or vice versa?

2: i have 10 glowlight tetras, i know they could get eaten eventually, but i really like this angel.

3: i have no QT tank. I didnt see ich on any of the fish but still...

4: i am an hour away from home. Could it survive the drive? Any ways to help him? ( more water etc)

I need some responces quickly, as i am down here for a limited amount of time today...!!!!! Please! Thanks everyone!!!

As Long as they add oxygen to the bag it could survive at least 24 hours and angels are a hit and miss introducing to a tank with another established angel the best you can do Is buy him similar sized as the one you have.

Sharkbait54 said:
As Long as they add oxygen to the bag it could survive at least 24 hours and angels are a hit and miss introducing to a tank with another established angel the best you can do Is buy him similar sized as the one you have.

Oh, and its a veil tail, think i should do it? Or, should i get a paradise fish? Both are super cool. I want your input haha.

If it doesnt work out, i have a lfs that would definatly take it... Also, the platinums were similar in size, but still smaller than my other guy

Sharkbait54 said:

Is it possible that the two will mate?? That would be good and bad

Hmm times running out.....hahah think i could even add the angel to my stock?
I have
5 hatchetfish
10 glowlight tetras
1 koi angel
1 peacock eel
1 featherin catfish
1 male guppy :p

All of this is in my 40 gallon planted community! And id like to add the platinum angel to make it 2 angels in the tank

Like I said hit or miss. In your tank I think it would be ok just 1 more angel.

If I were you I'd do it lol!

I was gonna add one to my 54g but I have a breeding pair of Angels.

Sharkbait54 said:
Like I said hit or miss. In your tank I think it would be ok just 1 more angel.

If I were you I'd do it lol!

I was gonna add one to my 54g but I have a breeding pair of Angels.

Ah ya, 3rd wheels arent great! Ok think im going to do it!! If i have too, ill get rid of him. My lfs doesnt ever get platinums, so maybe ill actually make money of the store credit lol

Well if they are both females they'll be ok if it's 1 male 1 female there is a good chance they'll be ok and if u have 2 males eh lol

If they "fight" at first dont be alarmed mine did for 2 days and now they spawn every month or so and are always together

Sharkbait54 said:
Well if they are both females they'll be ok if it's 1 male 1 female there is a good chance they'll be ok and if u have 2 males eh lol

If they "fight" at first dont be alarmed mine did for 2 days and now they spawn every month or so and are always together

Really? Ok, what is the max amount of time i should wait, if they do fight?

Well in my experience they peck at eachother for a while no harm done. Now if you see fin nipping and tearing they really don't like eachother.

Once you acclimate the platinum make sure the lights are off. once you put him in the tank and even when you take him out for at least an hour or more. That way the fighting doesn't start right away. If there is any.

Good luck and as always pics!!!!

Sharkbait54 said:
Well in my experience they peck at eachother for a while no harm done. Now if you see fin nipping and tearing they really don't like eachother.

Once you acclimate the platinum make sure the lights are off. once you put him in the tank and even when you take him out for at least an hour or more. That way the fighting doesn't start right away. If there is any.

Good luck and as always pics!!!!

Will do!! Thanks!!!

I saw that thread :)

Okay...IMO be careful. Just because you have two in a tank does not mean they'll pair up. It's possible you'll end up with two aggressive males and they will fight. All depends on angel's temperment. You'll have to wait until they grow up to maturity to find out.

bruinsbro1997 said:
I saw that thread :)

Okay...IMO be careful. Just because you have two in a tank does not mean they'll pair up. It's possible you'll end up with two aggressive males and they will fight. All depends on angel's temperment. You'll have to wait until they grow up to maturity to find out.

Ya, i agree! Im definatly chancing it here, but i couldnt pass up such a cool guy. My old angel (gabriel) is pecking at the bag thats acclimating, so not a good thing. If it doesnt work out, ill sell the platinum to my lfs. Or, i might just ship it over to you bruins :) hahaha

My angels peck at every bag I put in my tank lol. Just give them some time to get use to eachother. Remember turn your light off!

Sharkbait54 said:
My angels peck at every bag I put in my tank lol. Just give them some time to get use to eachother. Remember turn your light off!

Oh i did! I also put in a wafer to distract gabriel, and fed him before hand too

I agree with Shark Bait. My angel pecks at everything that's in a bag. I've just learned to drip acclimate in a bucket simply for the reason that newcomers are always terrorized in my tank.

Okay i hope the old angel fish doesnt scare him to death. He has never done this to any other fish :(

Back
Top Bottom