Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Platty getting bullied by other agressive platties.

I had two sunset micky mouse platties, and two red platties. All four are males. They spent most of their time paired off by color. One of the sunset platties died a few days ago (after about a year), and the other sunset now spends all his time hiding behind driftwood. I actually thought he was dead since he was down onthe gravel and not moving, but he came out to eat. He looks and swims very healthy, but was immeadiately send back into hiding by the red platties.

Somehow, when he lost his buddy it seems he can no longer swim out into the open. I didn't know what to do, so I moved him out of the 29 gal and put him in my new 10 g with 5 cardinal tetras. He seems much happier now.

Does this aggressive behavior sound normal to you guys?

29 Gal Planted, 1.2 wpg, Estes Gravel
gfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

gfink.. I keep 1 Mickey Mouse and 1 red wagtail in a 90 gal and I notice my BIG wagtail will hide in the plants a lot while the lil MM will swim around with the danios.
I think you are seeing natural behavior.

dave
Xzap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agressive, bullied, platty

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com