Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfanatic16

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a pregnant platy but today she has been low to the ground and sometimes not evan move I've also noticed her ****** has swollen some and has gotten whitish is she having her babies if she is y isn't she moving

She might be but it could be ich to a pics would help if you have one

Have a pregnant platy but today she has been low to the ground and sometimes not evan move I've also noticed her ****** has swollen some and has gotten whitish is she having her babies if she is y isn't she moving

1) Are her fins clamped?

2) Is her belly squared off? And I don't mean kinda, I mean flat belly.

3) Has she been eating?

Oooo. She looks dead, um id say dose with bacterial meds nd see what happends

Well she's been moving but not alot I've had her for a few weeks and has been fine since. I just don't know what to do well I guess I'll try it and see what happens thanks

Is this the same tank that's cycling? Have you tested the water lately, done any water changes? Be careful with dosing meds when you aren't sure what's wrong as some meds can wipe out your beneficial bacteria.

She doesn't look good, but it's hard to tell from the pic if she's pregnant or if something else is going on.

If you can test your water and post results here it'll help. I'd also do a 50% water change with a good dechlorinator if you haven't done one in the past week.

How often/much do you feed?

Um it doesn't look good. I have platys and although I've never seen them actually drop fry, I'm pretty sure they don't lay like that. Mine have always dropped at night and I find the fry swimming around in the morning. I'd say she's sick. Fish usually don't lay like that unless they're ready to bite the dust, sorry :(

Tanks everybody I went to my local fish store and they said it rare but my platy was egg bound and was unable to lay her fry which in the end killed her may we all pray for perry the platy may her soul rest in piece amen

Back
Top Bottom