Platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
Unsure which kind is in quarantine at the moment but is really big an has nice colorIMG_5490.jpg

I used to keep Sailfins years ago and have had them get 4-5 inches . They breed like crazy , like all live bearers....lol And they like brackish water if I remember right .

I used to keep Sailfins years ago and have had them get 4-5 inches . They breed like crazy , like all live bearers....lol And they like brackish water if I remember right .

Alright cool, was gonna put them in my tank room with the baby apple snails until I set their tank up wed will they eat the snails?

I don't think so , but I did not have snails when I kept them . I would just watch and see if he bothers the snails . Do some research on the Mollies and Good luck!

Yup it's a male Green Sailfin Molly I think. Depending on where you got him you might want to check on whether they used salt in the tank or not. Some do, some don't. He *shouldn't* bother the snails but since he's a veggie eater if the babies around plants they may just become an accidental snack

Yup it's a male Green Sailfin Molly I think. Depending on where you got him you might want to check on whether they used salt in the tank or not. Some do, some don't. He *shouldn't* bother the snails but since he's a veggie eater if the babies around plants they may just become an accidental snack

Yeah he’s a freshwater fish, got 2 males and 4 females. And thanks I’ll search more on their water parameters to see which tank I can put them in that best fits their needs

Back
Top Bottom